Y4U CALL FOR PAPERS 2019
INTERNATIONAL ASSEMBLY OF YOUTH FOR UNESCO (Y4U) 2019
Theme: “Protecting Cultural and Linguistic Diversity in the Context of Global Citizenship Education”
In celebration of 2019 UN International Year of Indigenous Languages
December 5-7, 2019
CALL FOR PAPERS OF COMPLETED RESEARCHES AND BEST PRACTICES
The following notes are intended to provide guidelines on how to submit the entry for paper presentation for the Y4U2019 on December 5-7, 2019:
2. The paper must showcase the BEST PRACTICES of the organization, or may be an output of a COMPLETED RESEARCH and must be aligned to any of the following themes:
- Documentation, cultivation and preservation of indigenous languages
- Utilization of indigenous knowledge as a tool for local development
- Restoring and preserving cultural heritages in 21st Century
- Promotion and undertaking of global citizenship education
- Alleviation of poverty in the community level
- Advancement of gender equality and cultivation of human potentials
- Implementation of lifelong learning initiatives
- Environmental protection and preservation
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Education for Peace and International Cooperation
3. The abstract must have a MAXIMUM of 300 words only containing the following:
- short introduction
- salient results and discussion
- conclusion and recommendation
4. In case of multiple authors, UNDERLINE the name of the presenter as presented in the sample below:
PROTECTING INDIGENOUS HERITAGE OF THE CORDILLERAS
Kate Hipolito1 and Dan Soriano2
1 Philippine Normal University
2 Calasiao Comprehensive National High School
5. Entry must only be submitted once, with no retractions or modifications once received by the organizer. The names of the authors listed on the original submission may not be altered including indication of the lead author’s name.
6. Submissions are judged on their overall quality (design of the study, development of the concept, etc.), their significance and contribution to the discipline, support to UNESCO ideals and thrusts, and their interest to conference delegates. Innovations on existing programs and projects that will impact conference delegates are most welcome.
7. Notification of acceptance will commence on October 1, 2019. The organizer will correspond with the lead (primary) author only. It is the primary author’s responsibility to notify all co-presenters regarding the status of the entry.
8. Upon acceptance of the paper, one or all presenters must register for the full conference registration. All travel and additional expenses, including the conference fee, are the responsibility of the presenter.
9. During the conference, presenters must wear corporate or business attire during the presentation and must arrive at the venue 15 minutes before the time.
10. Presenters will be given 15 minutes to present the paper. Questions will be entertained after all authors have presented.
11. For Y4U2019, the best oral presenter shall be awarded on the last day of the conference. The following criteria will be used by the judges:
Content – 30%
Relevance to Theme – 20%
Delivery and Mastery – 30%
Response to Query – 20%